Broken Juliet (Starcrossed #2) by Leisa Rayven | BOOK REVIEW


Broken Juliet (Starcrossed, #2)Broken Juliet by Leisa Rayven
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Buy Broken Juliet (Kindle)


"How do you fix a love that’s been broken beyond repair?

For years, Cassie Taylor tried to forget about Ethan Holt. He was the one great love of her life, and when he failed to return her love, a part of her died forever. Or so she thought. Now she and Ethan are sharing a Broadway stage, and he’s determined to win her back. Claiming to be a changed man, he’s finally able to say all the things she needed to hear years ago, but can she believe him? What makes this time different from all his other broken promises?

Ethan knows he can’t change their tumultuous past, but if he’s going to have any chance of being with the woman he loves, he’ll need to convince Cassie that her future belongs with him. "



My Thoughts


I FINALLY GOT MY HANDS ON BROKEN JULIET !!! HELL YEAH!!
I swear I have never been this eager to get my on a sequel.

Broken Juliet continues from the point where Bad Romeo left. The cliffhanger at the end of Book 1 had had me on the edge of my seat and I can say that Leisa Rayven did an absolutely amazing job with the book.

Broken Juliet starts so seamlessly, in a complete motion starting exactly from where Bad Romeo ended.


“What do you want?”
I want him. Can’t want him. Need him. Hate needing him.
“I don’t know,” I whisper.
“I do,” he says, leaning forward. “Invite me in. I promise, I’m here to stay this time.”


That palpable seep-through-your-bones chemistry and passion its all there! Every single thing!

The format of Broken Juliet is the same as the last book, with part of the story in the present with an improved, matured Ethan but also flashing back to the past to finish telling their love story and the events that led them to the beginning of this book.

Leisa did an absolutely wonderful job with Ethan's character. The progression of Ethan from the self-destructive teen to the adult and mature version of him is amazing.

What adds to Ethan's character, is his will to get better when he hit rock bottom. It’s actually devastating to read Ethan self-destruct, more so than in Bad Romeo. You read about him unraveling layer after layer of the walls he had put up and go through that just for Cassie was hard to read and commendable.

“Cassie… it’s okay…”
“You hurt me. Broke me.”
“I wish I could take it back, but I can’t.”
“Is this how you used to feel? Angry? Out of control? I hate it.”
He cradles my face. “I know. And it’s my fault. I’m sorry.”


Oh and the banter between them. I loved every single playful moment and even with all the drama and heartache I smiled throughout the whole book.
The secondary characters stood out in this one as well. Ruby, as always, has the most amazing ability to tell it like it is. Well, read for yourself!

“Okay, here’s my advice. You’re being a doormat.”
“That’s not advice. It’s a statement. And an insulting one at that.”
“Dammit, Cassie, woman up!” …
“Call him on his bullshit or else stencil WELCOME on your boobs and be done with it. It’s your choice.”



Oh and Jack! How could you forget him!

“How weird would it be if they were both [Ethan and Connor] thinking about you? Like, seriously?”



You know what I feel bad about this book Ms. Rayven? I wouldn't get more of Ethan and Cassie after this on such a level.

“As a couple, we have more than enough strength to achieve whatever we desire and fortunately for us, we've never desired anything as much as one another. That's where our future lies. Together. Writing our own unconventional and dramatic love story, one page at a time.”


Please I want more. Like MORE!!! and I want that last bit to me something more as well, if you get my drift ;)

Comments