Book Review ― Tiger Shark by LP Lovell








"London’s square mile is witness to a revolution, a new breed of business woman. They call us tiger sharks. 

We out-earn, out-work and out-play our male counterparts. We work the system, play the game and most importantly, we win. In a city full of sharks only the most ruthless make it to the top of the pool.

The number one rule: never sleep with the boss. Ever. I had no intention of breaking it until I met my new boss. No matter how strong my resolve, Landon Banks can smell weakness like a shark smells blood in the water, and I’m bleeding.

The hunter becomes the hunted, lines start to blur, and I have a choice to make. Screw or be screwed. Of course, I never was much good at taking it like a bitch. Landon Banks will be learning to grab his ankles if I have anything to do with it.

Things are about to get interesting in the game of predator versus predator. Who will come out on top?"






Rating & Review



descriptionLondon is a giant chess board, a game in which strategies, deception and rules define your success.


Georgia is a strong, intelligent, ruthless woman in a man's world. Georgia is a stock broker in London, the hours are long and stressful and she thrives under the pressure and lives for it! She has worked her butt off to achieve what she has and is in no way willing to give up her reputation or position for anyone, especially a man. She has a set of rules that she follows to keep her straight and under no circumstances if she going to compromise her integrity.


descriptionI play by a set of rules for a reason, to succeed. I have lived and breathed those rules for years, always striving to be the best, and now…now I’m faced with the forbidden fruit, my boss, my hot boss.


Landon Banks is a man who exudes charm and power. He is the top-dog and commands every room he walks into. Revered by all he demands respect with just his presence. What makes him quiet his his aloofness.


descriptionIt’s the hardest thing in the world, to experience a taste of what you know you can never have, what you can’t allow yourself to have.


LP Lovell has created an intense couple who are tethering between the fine line of love and hate. The pages are charged with sexual chemistry. They are two alpha's running this game and it is never clear who was at the top.

I personally liked how Lovell portryed Georgia. She gave quite an insight into the psyche of Georgia's character and what exactly made her tick.

If one one hand I loved Georgia's portrayal as a female alpha, I was quite disappointed with the portrayal of Landon's character. He was aloof and it was very hard to get a read on him. It might have helped had there been Landon's POV. Another thing regarding Landon's character that I didn't like was how flat his character was. I couldn't see any development. I wanted to know his weakness, what made him tick. I wanted to know what Landon Banks was made of.


Overall, I liked the book and finished it in a matter of few seconds. Lovell defnitely created an emotionally charged couple with great intensity. Yes, the plot is predictable but I was happy for Georgia nonetheless.



descriptionSome people walk into your life while others tear through it like an F5 tornado, ripping long buried foundations out of the ground and sending everything spinning in a vortex of such power that all you can do is stand back and watch. Well I’m watching…



Comments