BOOK REVIEW ― Anchor Me by J. Kenner





Though shadows still haunt us, and ghosts from our past continue to threaten our happiness, my life with Damien is nothing short of perfection. He is my heart and my soul. My past and my future. He is the man who holds me together, and his love fuels my days and enchants my nights.

But when tragedy and challenge from both inside and outside the sanctity of our marriage begins to chip away at our happiness, I am forced to realize that even a perfect life can begin to crack. And if Damien and I are going to win this new battle, it will take all of our strength and love ...
 


Rating & Review

   

description I'm right beside you, I promise you, sweetheart. I'm not going anywhere.


Four years.
Four books.
Seven novellas.
One couple.
And I am nowhere near done with Damien and Nikki. Every time Kenner announces that she is releasing another Nikki and Damien novella, it is just waiting to be devoured. I get greedy with each book that comes out and then getting to know that one of my favorite couples is getting another book, I was so excited!

If you've read the novellas prior to the release of Anchor Me, you know what all has happened in their life. Anchor Me picks up where the last novella, Entice Me, ended. This book starts with Damien and Nikki in the place of Nikki's nightmares, Dallas, for a proposal to develop a software for a Dallas-based company that Nikki wants. The trip that was exciting in so many ways, and not necessarily in the best way at the beginning, turned out to be one of the best and most memorable trips they've ever had.

Nikki being pregnant and Damien being the overprotective father is something I had been waiting and wanting to read about for SO long it is not even funny anymore. GAH! It was absolutely amazing to read about it.
Damien's reaction to Nikki's pregnancy was absolutely the sweetest. Nikki had a few insecurities which stemmed from her own relationship, or lack thereof, with her mother. But when she snapped out of that funk she and Damien treasured this absolute wonderful experience, albeit briefly.


description You made a promise once, Damien. No more secrets.


keeping in mind the previous books in the Stark Trilogy, novels and novellas combined, I was expecting a lot of drama but there wasn't much of that and I am truly appreciative of that. Of course being that they are Damien and Nikki, they had their fair share of problems like Nikki's mother and her ex-co-worker Tanner and the surprise pregnancy, but for a moment it didn't feel over the top. I didn't for a moment feel that Kenner was drowning the story in unnecessary drama. Unlike the previous books, Anchor Me, even with what the drama and secrets, was comparatively a light and easy going read.


description Because even if the world is crashing down around us and it feels like there is nothing you can control, you can still control me.



Oh! How can we forget Damien and Nikki's intense and burning chemistry? This time they both lean on each other and look for comfort in each other and you can easily imagine how intense their lovemaking would have been.

Overall, god yes! I definitely enjoyed the story and appreciated the levity in the book when compared to the rest. The only problem I have is with the way the book ended. No! it was not a cliffhanger but the ending definitely felt a little rushed. One more chapter is what might have just been needed to end the story. If you are a fan of all things Damien and Nikki then I recommend that you pick this up.

PS: If you haven't read the series and want to give them a try, I highly advise that you start from the beginning and read all the novellas after Book 3 so that it is easy for you to connect all the dots in Book 4.





Comments