BOOK REVIEW — Explicit by Ava Harrison









descriptionShe’s everything I can’t have. She’s all the rights I’ll never have.


Another new-to-me author!!!!


I have to say, I have never wanted to kill two main leads more than I had wanted to kill Pierce and Lindsey. I mean the first 24% AGGGHHH!!!!!!


Considered as the black sheep of the family, Pierce Lancaster is the party boy that does anything and everything to gain attention from his family. Not sharing the same interests as his over-achieving brothers and father, according to whom he is a grown man with no goals in his life. But little do they know, that what they call a frivolous activity is where Pierce's passion really lies.


Lindsey has always lived estranged from her parents. Running in the same party circle as Pierce, she doesn't everything to have her family give her attention and deem her important enough in their busy schedules.


An unfortunate accident leads Lindsey to re-think her life's choices and make things better. What she wasn't counting on was Pierce to end up at the place she works, her safe haven. Pierce is a reminder of her past and there is a lot of pushing and pulling between them.


The one thing that REALLY irritated me about their characters is that Pierce was quite frankly, had quite a childish attitude and I swear he infuriated me so much. Lindsey really grated on my nerves because of the whole "he is a reminder of my past" which I found really ironic given that her best friend and she both are recovering addicts. Like, why does a person who is practically a stranger other than the one night they shared and a common circle of party animal friends (mind you there is minimal interaction between the two prior to Pierce coming to work at her office), has so much control over your behaviour?

But I think this the kind of reaction Harrison was looking from her readers? Maybe. I'm kind of just guessing here at this moment.


Keeping that annoyance aside, I truly did enjoy the book.



descriptionI allow us to pretend ignorance, because deep down we both know, we’ll never be friends. We are destined for so much more.



Pierce and Lindsey are similar in more ways than one. Two peas in a pod, so to say, who really despite their reserves compliment each other really well.

They are individuals who are broken, flawed and misunderstood and are just looking for love and acceptance from those who they consider important and there is something really beautiful in that sadness.


As the book progressed there were some really poignant moments between Pierce and Lindsey. Sure the frustration never really went away but then these two finally started to actually let their walls down for each and it was beautiful!


I was at 90% mark when sh!t hit the fan. You know the post where it says: the fear when there is too much going on and only 10% left in the book? Yeah, that was me! I was biting my nails and waiting for things to get better but that last 10% was probably my absolute favourite out of the entire book.

So yes, read this book! If not for anything do it for that last 10% and the journey that Pierce and Lindsey take as individuals who later come together.






Comments