Promises Hurt (Promises #1) by Elle Brooks | BOOK REVIEW


Promises Hurt (Promises, #1)Promises Hurt by Elle Brooks
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Buy Promises Hurt (Kindle)


"I wasn't planning on falling for Ethan Jamison, hell I wasn't planning on our paths ever crossing. He’s the most popular guy at school and a complete player. Me; I’m the perpetual good girl, trying to carry out one last request. But when you make a promise, how far do you go to see it through? 

~ Blair

It’s a running joke that I’m a terrible liar, if only people knew the truth. My whole life has been spent making excuses and deflecting questions. I was pretty good at it until Blair Thomas entered my world. She saw through the mask that everyone is so willing to accept. She makes me want to tell her all my secrets, but can she promise to keep them?

~ Ethan"




My Thoughts





WHY?!?!?!
That was one helluva cliffhanger Elle!! I literally just finished it and I had to leave a review!

I absolutely loved Promises Hurt. Loved every single thing of it!! It's emotional, its funny, its cheesy, its everything.

I immediately clicked with the characters. I liked Ethan but it was Blair that I completely fell in love with. The most funny thing was that when I read about Blair, it was like I was reading about me. Same playlists, same favorite drinks and some serious loving with slogan tees (mine are not as cool as hers but they're cool)

Ethan's is the cool guy, member of an equally cool band in his senior year of high school. Blair is the complete opposite. She is introvert, geeky and loner also in her senior year of high school.

There are two Ethan's, the one that he is with his friends and the one that he is with his family. But the real Ethan only comes out when he is with Blair.

I love the constant banter they both have with each other.

"You're a dork."
"You're an asshole."
"You're kind of perfect."


For me the highlight was the author's ability to make it seem that Em was alive even when she wasn't. her presence and essence was there even when she wasn't.

If you are looking for a YA that has angst but not completely filled with it, then this is the book for you. For her first book Elle Brooks did an amazing job! Congratulation!!!

I give it a 5 'Promising' Stars***

So... yeah, I'm off to reading the second book... Bye

Comments