ACED by K. Bromberg | BOOK REVIEW


Aced (Driven, #5)Aced by K. Bromberg

Buy ACED (Kindle)

"Rylee and Colton's ride continues...
One moment. Six years ago.

The night she made the world around me so much more than just a blur. Now it's the catalyst that threatens to tear us apart.

Our happily was supposed to be ever after. So why do I feel like it's slipping through my fingers?
How can one moment, when our world seemed so right, resurface and cause our perfect life to spiral out of control?

I can't lose her.
She's my checkered flag."


My Thoughts

descriptionI love you.” Her voice is soft as her lips move against mine, and something about her tone makes my heart beat a bit faster. “Like head-over-heels, butterflies-in-my-stomach kind of love you . . . that’s all.”
Her words dig deep down into the places that rarely get paid attention to these days: the goddamn abyss where the demons from my childhood live. The ones that used to rule my life until Rylee came along using her fucking perfection and selfless love to help brighten that darkness, and chase away the doubt that occasionally rears its bitch of an ugly head."

Aced is a spell binding story of true ever lasting love. It all started with Driven. A slow build up of passion, love and trust that went on in Fueled, Crashed and bled itself so powerfully and poignantly in Aced.

This book, the whole series actually grabs you in its clutches and doesn't let go even after it is finished. There is something so attractive about Rylee and Colton you can't help but not getting sucked into their story.

description All I know is completeness.
All I want is forever with him.
My husband.
My rock.
My piece of peace.
My memory maker.
My happily ever after."

Reading Aced was like going a full circle. It felt like coming home to two of my absolute favorite character and getting along like no time had passed. What I love the most about this series is how tragically 'bent' Colton was. His transformation over the trilogy was such an amazing experience.

But you know what is the best part? That even after all this time Colton accepted his past and who he is and the love he and Rylee share, he still is the same person he was when I started the book! His need for reassurance and the doubt that surfaces is what makes him true to who he is.

Since it is Colton and Rylee you know you can't expect just rainbows and sunshine. When everything is good they are amazing but when they are at their lowest is when they are DYNAMIC! Because, it isn't the highs that count, it is easy to have support when everything is good. It is when you are at the lowest of your lows when you know the true strength of a relationship. This is what this story is about. Both Colton and Rylee hit rock bottom and it was then their love, support and trust shined the most.

It was their true selves that came out when everything in the life was wrong.

Kristy is a master at writing scenes that grip your heart and she delivered it to the best in this book. The trials and tribulations were heartbreaking and challenging and the emotion was running so high throughout the book and it was so easy to get sucked into it!

It was Colton who shined through this book. I saw a side of him that I never thought I would see. He was responsible and strong. And yes, he was scared but he handled all of the hurdles so well. He never lost sight of the checkered flag that was waiting for him outside the long tunnel.

The man I met in Driven, Fueled and Crashed is a far cry from the man I met in this book. He was dedicated, hands-on, loving, supporting, the rock of the Donovan family when everything was crumbling around him.

I was 'Driven' to read this book and it 'Fueled' my need to keep going. I 'Crashed' into and 'Raced' this love story. The wait was a 'Slow Burn' and the 'Sweet Ache' of the anticipation of this book made me dance to the 'Hard Beat' of its rhythm. When the wait was finally over... It definitely 'Aced' across the stadium leaving a piece behind with me. 

5 'Piece of Peace' Stars!

Comments