BOOK REVIEW ― Black Swan Affair by K.L. Kreig





"I’ve loved him as long as I can remember. 

The gangly boy with big brown eyes and unruly hair who grew up into an intoxicating man. He wears scruff like he invented it and ambles with a swagger that makes panties drop.

Killian Shepard.
Shep.

We grew up together. We played Ghost in the Graveyard. Had our own rock band. It didn’t matter that he was five years older than me. It didn’t matter that he looked at me as a kid sister even as I grew into a woman. It didn’t even matter when he left me behind to go to college and start his adult life.

He’d be back.
He was always meant to be mine. 

He came back, all right. But instead of smelling of promises, he stunk of betrayal. And he destroyed me—us—the day he married my sister instead of me.

So I did the only thing a girl like me in my position could do. 
I got my revenge. 
I married his brother, Kael. 
Now we’re one big happy fucking family."



Rating & Review

    
 


OMfreakingGoodness! I am now an unrepentant KL Kreig fan. I am ashamed to say this is my first K.L read. It's only the beginning. Holy Wow!

Intense, emotional, and downright nerve wracking! I literally could not stop for a bathroom, food, or phone break. I just spent the last 5 hrs (I read fast) ignoring my kids, my phone, and my body.

I can not, will not, share anything more than the blurb. This book had me on freaking edge the entire time. I had absolutely no idea which way this book would go. I had no idea but the longing K.L creates...You physically feel the pain and longing that Mav does as though it's your own. You will spend the entire book like a cheerleader begging for your personal happy place. You may or may not get it, but know this- it is one of the most intense journeys you will ever be on. I cried with Mav, for Mav, and for those whose lives were an utter disappointment. 

Without a doubt on of the top five reads in 2016, with 476 books under my belt so far this year, that's a pretty big promise. 

Impressive writing and THE FEELS, I have a headache for the crying and tears but also the tension. Black Swan Affair...just wow!

Comments