BOOK REVIEW ― Being Brooke by Emma Hart






"My name is Brooke Barker...
And I'm a freaking disaster.
No, seriously. I’m a college drop-out working a dead-end job, my best friend Carly’s dog gets more action than I do, and I have more bad dates in my diary than there are movie remakes. 
Not to mention I'm completely and utterly in love with Cain Elliott.
The problem? He’s in a relationship. With a girl who’s so plastic she makes Barbie cry herself to sleep with jealousy. 
The second problem? He's my best friend.
My shut-up-and-put-on-Harry-Potter, yes-this-is-your-shirt, help-I-have-no-power, crap-I’m-out-of-tampons, kinda best friend. 
And that’s all he can be, right?
Right."




Rating & Review
  
    


Hold the freakin' phone!!!!!!!!


descriptionYou’re so fucking random. Brooke. Seriously.
“Yeah, well, I don’t speak grumpy. I speak fluent sarcasm, bitch, and PMS.”


OMG!!! Oh god! I'm in pain! This is what I get for reading a book at the dead of the night when everyone is asleep. My sides hurt from all that restrained laughing. It was HILARIOUS!
Honestly, the female protagonist is me when it comes to the sarcasm department but otherwise, I'm pretty sure Emma Hart just put herself in a book and gave her a different name.

90% Emma + 10% me = Brooke Barker
Laugh out loud's, witty comebacks, sarcastic remarks, Being Brooke is the purest form of Romantic Comedy.

Told from Brooke's point of view and, life tips at the beginning of every chapter, which in all honesty my favorite part of the book, this book was utterly entertaining


descriptionRestraint isn't a skill I've ever learned—unless you count the fact I've made it just over twenty-four years and haven't been arrested for murder. With my temperament, that's worth celebrating. That's why I have birthday parties—to celebrate making it through another twelve months of dealing with assholes and not killing any of them.



Hot Sex? Zero.
Sexual tension? Nada.
Angst? Zilch.
Laugh-Out-Loud? Oh yes!
Sarcasm? Hell yeah!
Sass? Out of this world!!!

So if you are thinking you are going to get any hot monkey sex between Cain and Brooke, like it is usually the case in any Emma Hart book, you are in the wrong place. But if you want to read a book that will literally have you rolling with laughter, tears in your eyes and possibly hurting sides. Don't think! Just pick it up and get ready to laugh your ass off!





Comments