BOOK REVIEW ― Casanova by Emma Hart





"Once upon a time, I loved him.
He broke me and he didn't even know it.
I ran from him.
He didn't chase me.
He never needed to, because he knew I'd come back.
He was right.
Death brought me home to him.
Brett Walker.
Drop dead gorgeous and filthy-mouthed with a smile that turns saints to sinners.
A casanova to his core.
My ex-best friend.
And the bad boy whose reputation precedes him—the same reputation I'm tasked with turning to gold... Or so they think.
Revenge is a dish best served cold, after all..."


Rating & Review

    
descriptionI broke my best friend’s heart. No wonder she fucking hated me.


I never get tired of reading an Emma Hart book. I mean, I'm at a point, where Emma needs to simply mention that she is going to be writing a new book and I just know I'm going to reading it and Casanova was no exception.

I love second chance romance, especially if it is between best friends and another favorite trope within this sub-genre is one of the love-hate relationships and Casanova delivered all three. Told from the dual point of view, Casanova follows the story of childhood best friends, Brett and Lani.

From the moment Brett and Lani come face to face, you know that there is something between the two. Something that has been brewing inside the two of them for the last two years waiting to burst out.
The love they suppress and turn into hate and a connection that they can't deny Brett and Lani can't seem to avoid each other of the connection they feel.


descriptionShe was broken. I broke her. I wanted to fix her. But what did you do when nothing you could ever do would ever fix it? You stood. You listened. You took all her hurt inside you, finally releasing it from her. And you realized that one day someone would love her harder and treat her better than you ever could. Even if it fucking broke you right back.



I loved Lani and Brett together. The sassiness, cocky attitude and the love-hate they had going were explosive when everything went down.

Now, I know that Casanova has mixed reviews. It is liked by some and disliked by some but on a personal level, I definitely enjoyed it. Yes, it may not be the best Emma Hart book, which I became accustomed to in the last year, but it was a book that I enjoyed and would love to re-visit certain parts of the book in future.



Comments