BOOK REVIEW ― Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino








“My guardian angel is a drunk.”

Evelyn Casey's life is at a standstill. She's in her mid-twenties, struggling with the dating scene in San Francisco. Nothing seems to be working out, and she’s starting to think that she’ll live out her days in her crummy apartment with her overbearing roommate, Brooklyn. It's absurd, but sometimes Evey longs for a guardian angel to show up and save the day.

And then he does. Seriously. His name is Lucian and he's a guardian angel, been on the job for two thousand years. His sudden presence in her life is both good—he's brilliant, witty, and warm—and bad—he's brilliant, witty, warm, and hot as ----. But as perfect as Lucian seems, he’s got problems of his own. He’s taken up drinking and he’s brazenly inserted himself into Evey’s life, going against the greatest cosmic law ever created.

For Evey, the rules are simple: You are not allowed to hook up with your guardian angel. But sometimes fulfilling your destiny requires a leap of faith, a confrontation with God. 

Yes, God as in God.





Rating & Review
    


descriptionI follow you around because I’m a guardian angel. I’m your guardian angel.
Great, so my guardian angel is a perverted narcissist.



Did... Did someone say there were Angels in this book?! A really hot, fun and loving Angel? YES! YES! YES!
Admittedly, I had read only one book by Renee Carlino before I picked Lucian Divine but boy did I enjoy it.

If you've read the blurb, you know what to (sort of) expect in the book. I, for one, love the idea of Angels and Demons and reincarnations, basically, a paranormal element that I know I will love so picking up this book was a no-brainer for me.

He sees her but she can't see him

Lucian has been a guardian angel for two thousand years. He's watched over a lot of souls over the course, watching them make mistakes, live their lives and then die when it was their time. He went through these motions unscathed until he was assigned to Evey. Lucian has been Evey's guardian angel since she was born. He's watched over her for years, looking after her, protecting her, guiding her in the right direction.

Until he couldn't.
He decided to break the rules.
He decided to show himself to her.
He decided to tell her the truth.

Everything was fine until he fell in love with a human.


descriptionYou are everything to me. You’re the dream, the air, the reason, the cause for my whole existence. If I die today right in front of you, it won’t be because I gave up. I’ll never give up. There is no God that can keep me from you. I’d die ten thousand times for you.”



I've always loved stories like this. Forbidden.
Lucian and Evey's love story is so pure when it comes to the love they share. They never asked to fall in love with each other but they did and now they must face the consequences.

I loved they way they loved each other. I loved how in love Lucian was with Evey. I loved how protective he was. I loved how he was willing to sacrifice himself and his dreams for her. To keep her safe.

I loved how Evey didn't let go of Lucian. I loved how she never forgot him even when he tried his best.

Lucian Divine is a quick read with angst that keeps you at the edge of your seat so much so that you can't put down the book until the last page is turned. There is excitement, chemistry and so many heartfelt moments that makes your heart go pitter-patter.

And the ending! I kind of expected something but not to this extent! Dammit! I NEED a follow -up showing the future of Lucian and Evey because I want more! If you are looking for something that is unique, heartfelt, beautiful and simple in its romance, then Lucian Divine is the book you need to pick




Comments