BOOK REVIEW ― Anything You Can Do by R.S. Grey





"Lucas Thatcher has always been my enemy.

It’s been a decade since I’ve seen him, but our years on opposite coasts were less of a lasting peace and more of a temporary cease-fire. Now that we’re both back in our small town, I know Lucas expects the same old war, but I’ve changed since high school—and from the looks of it, so has he.

The arrogant boy who was my teenage rival is now a chiseled doctor armed with intimidating good looks. He is Lucas Thatcher 2.0, the new and improved version I’ll be competing with in the workplace instead of the schoolyard.

I’m not worried; I’m a doctor now too, board-certified and sexy in a white coat. It almost feels like winning will be too easy—until Lucas unveils a tactic neither of us has ever used before: sexual warfare.

The day he pushes me up against the wall and presses his lips to mine, I can’t help but wonder if he’s filling me with passion or poison. Every fleeting touch is perfect torture. With every stolen kiss, my walls crumble a little more. After all this time, Lucas knows exactly how to strip me of my defenses, but I’m in no hurry to surrender.

Knowing thy enemy has never felt so good."


Rating & Review

   
 

descriptionKnowing thy enemy has never felt so good.



It is no secret that I love R.S. Grey's work and her niche for Romantic Comedies is always on point and something I enjoy immensely. Her writing, the characters she creates, the witty banter and every other little detail that makes her book is something I adore and look forward to with every release. And, once again she gave another Rom-Com hit that you don't want to miss.

Anything You Can Do is one of the best enemies-to-lovers I've read in a while and I could not put it down. The story has a lot of laugh-out-loud moments, tons of sexual chemistry, a sassy heroine and the perfect specimen of a book boyfriend. I mean, OH. EM. GEE! The description of him. I just wanted him to be real.


descriptionRoses are red, Daisy is you, I heard you came back, and I did too.


Daisy Bell and Lucas Thatcher have been neighbors since they were in kindergarten and sworn enemies since the first day they met. They are super competitive and every single thing that happens is a competition within these two. Their rivalry is known by every single person in the town of Hamilton and people prefer to keep them at lengths when they are at the same place at the same time.
In the game of outshining the other, they both leave Hamilton to pursue their dreams and to be the best in their chosen fields. Doctors.

Eleven years later, Daisy and Lucas return to their hometown in the hopes of having the family practice of the one and only family doctor. In the fight to own the family practice, Daisy and Lucas would do anything to win because there is only place for one family practice in this town and they both are hell bent on not letting the other have it.

Midst all the hate and the fights there was a sexual tension brewing between the two which exploded when these two were forced to spend twenty fours together at the clinic due to quarantine. The frustration leading to giving in to pleasure was one of the sweetest drugs they hadn't anticipated.


descriptionHe tastes like a guilty pleasure, one that will undoubtedly sour once I’m alone again. We are enemies. Foes. And yet when Lucas takes my waist in his large hands and rolls his hips with mine, I feel like we’re working together to build something. Mutually assured destruction.



As we move further into the story, we learn that Lucas has loved Daisy for the last 28 years and Daisy had no clue about it until everything fell apart around them and they couldn't hold onto the falling pieces fast enough.


This book was everything I look for in an "enemies-to-lovers" romance. The book was paced perfectly and not once it felt like Grey was rushing through the story to get to the good part. And the little touch of angst that we got!

Lucas and Daisy are literally the perfect matches for each other in every way possible. They are hot together and for each other. Their chemistry is perfect and their banter that seized just because they loved each other. Daisy's weirdness and competitiveness just fit so well in Lucas more sane and loving side.

Overall, a thoroughly enjoyable read and one that I definitely recommend for someone who is on the lookout for something fun and at the same time that will manage to make your heart race.


descriptionLet me tell you what I should have told you then. For 18 years, I loved you. Now, I’ve loved you for 28. It sounds like quite the accomplishment, but it’s always been so easy for me to love you. Through all the pain, all the conflict, I’ve always known the truth. We cared about each other. Nobody fights over something that doesn’t matter—they just walk away. And so, I’ve always known that if you ever really wanted me to suffer, all you would have to do is just that. Walk away.







Comments