BOOK REVIEW ― Mixed Up by Emma Hart







Hiring my brother's best friend was not on my to-do list.
Neither was he.

Expanding my dirty cocktail bar into food was supposed to be easy, except finding a chef in my little town of Whiskey Key is anything but.
Until Parker Hamilton comes home--bringing his Michelin starred chef's hat with him.
He has no work. I need someone like him in my new kitchen.
There's just one problem: I hate his cocky, filthy-mouthed, sexy-as-hell guts.
Even if I might want him. Just a little...

Working for my best friend's sister? Not on my to-do list.
She's another story.

Whiskey Key was supposed to be a relaxing vacation, except I haven't reached the heights I have by lying in a hammock drinking cocktails. So when Raven Archer is desperate for a chef, I offer up my skills.
I'm bored. She needs what I can give her.
Except there's a problem: I've always hated her.
Her and her big, blue eyes, sassy mouth, and killer curves.
If only I didn't want her.



Rating & Review

   
descriptionI expected a lot of things at the start of this summer. Hiring Parker wasn't one of them— and falling in love with him definitely wasn't. I was the mixologist, but there was no doubt at all that he'd come home and mixed up my world.



After being in a book funk for a month, it is so refreshing to pick up a book, and that too by a favorite author, and enjoy it for what it is.

Mixed Up is nothing but pure and light entertaining read full of a hate-love relationship between the leads, a crazy as f*ck family and a whole dose of sass, because duh! it is an Emma Hart book we are talking about after all.

Told in Dual Point of View, Mixed Up is about Raven Archer falling in love with the one person she hates the most in the entire world. Her brother's best friend — Parker Hamilton.


descriptionRaven Archer had her own gravitational pull, and I was afraid there was no breaking free.



My mom says that you can't truly hate a person unless and until you have murdering tendencies towards them. Raven and Parker? They H-A-T-E each other. Yup! All capital letters!


The book opens up to Raven looking for a chef so that she can expand her already flourishing cocktail bar, Dirty. As desperate as she is, the last thing she wants to do is ask Parker for any kind of help. Even if it for a short term.


Parker Hamilton, Michelin star chef, is back in his hometown in Whiskey Key for a long overdue vacation and the last thing he expects is to work with his best friend's little sister — Raven Archer.

What was supposed to be a pure business relationship with a few daydreams about how they could murder each other, slowly turned into something more before either of them could think about it.
The whip-quick exchanges, hateful looks turned into exchanges full of lust and innuendos and a cracking atmosphere whenever they came near each other. What was just a one-time "mistake" became one of the best and unexpected things that happened to these two.


descriptionParker Hamilton was my person.



Overall, like I said, Mixed Up is pure entertainment. There is no over the top things happening in the story that feel out of place. They characters are fantastic, sarcastic and witty. Raven, with her spitfire personality, sassy comebacks and a big and soft heart that she rarely lets anyone see, is a character you will instantly like. Parker, with his cocky and sure attitude, perfectly compliments Raven's personality.

Humor, sass, and an overall light read was exactly what I was looking for to get out of my month long hiatus. So, if you are looking for any of the things I stated, pick it up!





Comments