BOOK REVIEW — Swink (Landry Family, #5) by Adriana Locke






I’m that guy.

Camilla Landry rustles against me, the silky fabric of her overpriced lingerie slipping along my bruised rib. The porcelain perfection of her skin is even more innocent against the colorful ink dotting my own. It’s demure meets damaged, pampered meets punctured. 

So, yeah, it’s obvious I’m that guy. Dominic Hughes. Her attempt at rebellion. Her bid to see what the other side of the tracks feel like. I’m okay with being used because, from where I’m sitting, the other side of the tracks have never looked so good. 



Rating & Review

     1/2




This book is AH-MA-ZING!!! Adriana Locke always delivers a romance that I fall in love with more and more after every release and characters you can't help but feel an affinity to. She always hits a home run with me.


description He’s wild and uncivilized, but disciplined and thoughtful too. Being with him is like the real world doesn’t exist. It’s like there aren’t societal rules with stupid expectations. With Dom, I can do what I want. I can be whatever I want. It’s a crazy, exciting life.



Whenever an Adriana Locke book lands on my Kindle I can't even begin to describe the emotions that go through me. I am at that point where I am willing to drop and have dropped anything I am doing just to get lost in the characters and different worlds she creates.


The Landry Family Series is one of the very few series that I have been stuck on from the beginning to the end, considering that a different couple is featured in every book. In these type of series, I can never go past the second or third book because I think that it does not manage to capture me the way the first one did. With this series, it has been the complete opposite. With each book in this series, it has actually become harder for me to distinguish which one I like the best and which Landry sibling is my favorite because ugh! it is hard to choose because they are all FANTASTIC!


With the Landry men having already set a bar for me, I was waiting to see if Dominic would live up to those expectations. And BOY, did he live up to them! Dominic Hughes was one character that I fell in love with instantly. He has this air to him that makes you want to know more about him and when you get these little glimpses you can't help but fall in love with him. From having a troubled childhood to an adulthood that has been nothing but more down and fewer ups, he reminded me a teeny-tiny bit of Graham in his visage, but a rougher version of him.


Camilla Landry aka Cam aka Swink is the sweetest and kindest of the Landry siblings and I fell in love with her in the first book. A complete opposite to Dominic in every way possible, Dominic is one thing Cam never thought she wanted in her life. A life that is a million miles apart from his.



description The only girl I care about is standing in a beautiful yellow dress right in front of me. And despite the fact that I am semi-annoyed that she can’t listen to save her soul and showed up here at ten at night alone, she’s all that matters to me.



The romance, the relationship between Cam and Dom is real and tangible and tumultuous. The way that Cam needed Dom and wanted him to want her in the same capacity pulled me in. It wasn't too heavy nor was it filled with sex scenes but rather rawer in the way how a real-life relationship would be had two people were in the same situation as them.


One of my favorite parts of this book was the relationship that Ryder, Dom's nephew, and Cam shared. The affinity and affection they shared with each of which we get little glimpses of made this book add in the levity between Dom and Cam like this one:


description Look who’s here, Ry!” Nate looks at me and grins.
“Camilla!” He holds his arms out to me, his little blue eyes sparkling.
“Hey, Ryder,” I say, wiping my hands on a towel. Lifting him off his father’s shoulders, he wraps his arms around my neck.
“How are you, buddy?”
“Hungry.”
“I’m making breakfast. Want to help?”
“Yes. I missed you,” he says, pulling his face away from mine. “You’re so pretty.”
“Easy there, Ry,” Dominic says. “That’s my girl.”
“My girl,” he says, burying his face in my neck again.



ADORABLE!!!


It's a Locke book so it obvious that I love, live and recommend it! I absolutely ADORED every single minute of reading this book! Dominic was the perfect addition to the ever growing Landry Family and ugh! I am suffering from borderline diabetes because of this family! Lol! But in all seriousness do give this book and this series a chance if you already haven't. You won't be disappointed!



Comments