BOOK REVIEW — Drumline by Stacy Kestwick




Traditions are important. Especially in the South. 
College football. Rivalries. Tailgating. Halftime shows.
Some things just don’t change.
Until Reese Holland shows up with her long legs and no-bullshit attitude to audition for the prestigious all-male Rodner University snare line.
It doesn’t matter how much hazing she has to endure from Laird Bronson, with his narrowed green eyes and arrogant smirk. She wants that damn spot, and she’s more than good enough to earn it. 
She expects there to be tension. Even friction. 
But not sparks hot enough to burn the entire campus down.



Rating & Review
    1/2
 



Drumline came out of nowhere, snuck up on me and now I want my own Laird.
I've read only, as of now, 70 books so far and this book definitely makes the Top 20 list that I will be putting up on the blog.

Dear Stacy,
Please find a Laird for me, pretty please with a cherry on top.

From,
A Laird obsessed girl.


descriptionWhat we?” she cried. “There is no we. You barely know me.”
She was wrong. I didn’t know her details. Her specifics. But she’d already shown me the broad outline of who she was. Strong. Tough. Stubborn. Funny. Sarcastic. Quick. Smart. A flash of her with Eli popped into my head, that single interaction with him telling me so much about her, and I added more words to the list. Compassionate. Giving. A fighter. A survivor.



AHHH! I love when I discover new-to-me authors and I fall head over heels in love with their work so much so that even hours after finishing the book I am still thinking about it and remembering all my favorite moments which, to be honest, more than half of the book!

Admittedly, I had to Google what Drumline was and I have come to the conclusion that Quarterbacks are so over-rated! Give me a Drumline Captain, please!



descriptionLaird,” I started, but his eyes closed and his whole body relaxed. “I—”
“Say it again,” he interrupted.
“Say what again?”
“My name,” he growled. “Say my fucking name.”



The characters, what more can I say other than that I absolutely fell in love with them from the get-go! Laird, oh Laird! I just want to appreciate this green-eyed fine specimen because he was absolutely amazing and the perfect pairing for Reese. Add the six-foot-something height, stubble, and ink and I was a goner. I know, I know all superficial things but I am a sucker for the latter three. AND add to that he is not only can charm your pants off and make you swoon, he is also a sexy, dirty-talking alpha who has a soft heart when it comes to the closest people in his life which is just a handful.

Reese is bold, beautiful, badass, and sassy to the core and is breaking borders by entering into the "man's world" by joining the Drumline and can I say I loved every freaking moment of the Drumline auditions. There have been times where I really wished I was the heroine and this was one of those moments.


descriptionLast one. When you look at her, you picture A. Later that night, in your bed. Or hers. Wherever you end up. B. The wicked cool weekend away you two have scheduled for next month and the new things you’ll try together. C. That big event at the end of the season, the one you still need to rent a tux for. D. Whether your kids will have your eyes or hers.”
Oh.
Oh.
It was asking where he saw the relationship going. How long he thought this would last. I blinked, caught off guard. “Look, this quiz is stupid, you don’t have to ans—”
“All of them.”
“What do you mean, all of them?” My voice crept up with each word, ending in a near shriek.
His voice was rough, his eyes hooded as he repeated himself. “All. Of. Them.”



I just can't stop thinking about this book, the story, the characters, the banters, the sexy and the sweet, oh and sweet-sweet Eli and everything else in between! Detailed, addictive and alluring I loved every single word and moment of this book and I wish I could start it all over again so that I could experience it all over again because it was so worth it!




Comments