BOOK REVIEW — Professor Feelgood by Leisa Rayven







descriptionThere’s nothing worse than falling for someone and realizing you don’t have all of their heart. It’s even worse watching them realize it.


*sigh*
*sigh*
*sigh*


I have been in love with Leisa works since Bad Romeo came out and the one thing that I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt is, whether or not you love her stories you will definitely fall in love with her writing. The way she constructs a sentence and explains them, the way she draws an example and gives little nuggets of wisdom is downright beautiful. They are deep and hit the right spots and stay with you even after you've finished the book.


I've said this so many times now I sound like a broken record but the last time I felt all the feels while reading a Leisa Rayven book was when I was reading Bad Romeo and waiting for Broken Juliet and the anticipation level when I was reading this book was equal to that if not more.


Professory Feelgood was nothing like what I had expected. From cover-to-cover, this book was hilarious, heartbreaking, consuming and so worth having the book hangover.

From the very first chapter, I was HOOKED!
The poems mixed with the prose which makes me want to print them out and frame them, the diversity of the characters, their quirks and then there they were — Asha and Jacob.




description...no one expects to meet their soul mate when they’re three, but I did. And then life taught me that the people who were important to me would leave, and those I loved with all my heart would die. It gave me the gift of Jake then whispered that loving him would end him. Or me. Or both of us. And the bitterest irony is that by trying to protect myself from that, I made it happen.



Jacob Stone was characterized so meaningfully and beautifully and his words, Leisa's words spoke to my soul. Jacob was his poetry, he was his emotions and his past.
His poetry was stunning. He was stunning, beautiful and broken.
The very essence of Jacob Stone was palpable and I fell in love with him even before he was officially introduced in the book.


Asha Tate was a characterization that fit Jacob's perfectly. With her own voice and thoughts speaking out, I truly loved her. She was real, well as real as a fictional character can get, had her own broken parts that held her back made her more relatable.


Professor Feelgood is a truly well-rounded book. There is romance, heartbreak, revelations, second-chances at friendship and love and the unrequited love finally being reciprocated without any overly complicated or over the top plotlines and unnecessary drama.




descriptionHe’s like a thunderstorm and the sweet calm that follows. He’s a blazing fire, as well as the smoldering coals. And even when what I feel for him shakes me to my very foundation, I know one thing for certain: I could read every romance novel on earth and still not find a tale as compelling, satisfying, and passionate as the one I’m living. The story of us.


Another thing to love about the book is how Rayven has taken her time in establishing the character and story, you can actually tell how invested she was in Jacob and Asha.
The lead characters had time to hash out everything out in the open between themselves and with themselves at their own pace and add the fact that there was minimal focus on the physical aspect of Jacob and Asha's relationship was a refreshing touch which fit in well with the entire feel of the book, so when they actually did have sex it had more of an impact and was more of a poignant moment than just being chucked off as another sex scene.


There came a point in the book, at around 75-80%, when I was tethering on the line where I wanted to finish the book because I was hungry for more but on the other hand I wanted to put it aside because I wanted to savour the last handful of pages but I failed terribly at that.


The revelation, which I had my doubts about since 50% and the subsequent unravelling of truths and secrets... GOSH! MY HEART!


Professor Feelgood made me feel all the feels and made my heart happy. Every minute I read this book my laughter and smiles and sighs and swoons were pouring out until that absolute beautiful and fulfilling ending.





Comments