BOOK REVIEW — Work in Progress by Staci Hart



descriptionI was married to a stranger. A stranger who cared enough to fill up a closet with things he thought would make me happy. A stranger who held me like he wasn’t a stranger at all.


Just when I thought I couldn't love another book in this series or love the character more than I already do, Staci Hart goes forth and proves me wrong as she delivers Amelia and Tommy's story, and I have to say, these two are by far my absolute favourite couple from the Red Lipstick Coalition.

Amelia and Tommy... Sigh! Such an unlikely pair but oh-so-perfect when they come together. They are the kind of characters you just want to bask in and never want to let go of.

Amelia is the shy one out of the four and a lover of all the written words and Romance! She is quiet and awkward and freezes whenever it comes to talking to people outside her close-knit circle, but giver her a laptop, a book and her blog and the words flow out of her.

Thomas 'Tommy' Bane has cultivated the image of being the bad boy throughout his career to protect those close to him, even at the cost of himself and his reputation.

Suffering from a writer's block and looking for inspiration, Tommy meets Amelia at his book signing and is instantly taken by the girl who doesn't seem to be loving his books.


descriptionShe’s the little white lamb to his big, bad wolf. The light to his dark. The sweet to his salty. She smiles and kisses the babies with him. She’s innocence embodied. Their romance is fast and fierce, and swiftly, they marry.



What was a simple arrangement soon turned into a marriage of convenience, to help them both — Tommy to reconstruct his image and give Amelia the chance at exposure therapy and overcome her fears.

And what is an amazing romance without one or two people out to ruin my favourite couple?

Amelia and Tommy are polar opposites. While Amelia brings innocence, realness and a sense of purity into the relationship and Tommy brings passion, love and his true self.

There is not a single thing I could hate about these two. They were literally so perfect!

Work in Progress was everything I could have hoped for Amelia! Romance, passion, angst, laugh and an all-around beautiful and heartwarming romance that I finished with a satisfied sigh and stars in my eyes.

I highly recommend this book to everybody who loves romance.

Comments