BOOK REVIEW — Whatever Happens by Micalea Smeltzer









descriptionWhatever happens,” I murmur against the skin of his neck, “we’ll always have the stars.”
He kisses me softly, cradling my cheek in his hand. “The stars have burned for a millennia, and we will too.”
Just then, a star shoots across the sky. Finn’s words echo in my head from long ago. “I don’t believe wishes come true, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t worth making.”
So, under that night sky, wrapped in the arms of the boy I love, I make a wish.




I love this! I abso-freaking-lutely love this story! So much!
Two people who are so different from each other, find common ground and then proceed to have the most beautiful friendship and further relationship.


Violet Page & Finely Crawford were the perfect pair in every way possible and their story... GAH! SO MANY FEELS! SO MANY OF THEM!

This story, the characters, they made me smile, fall in love with them and broke my heart all at the same time.

My heart especially went out to Finely. He is autistic and as I've usually read other students/children are not that friendly towards kids who are not "normal".

One of my favourite things about this book was how it focused on the main leads, their families and their individual development.

I also appreciated the fact that while everyone in school thought Fin was weird and did stay away from him, nobody was going out of their way to bully him or pick on him.


I'm just... I don't think I can stop reiterating the fact that I ADORED this book. My heart was and still is full after finishing this book.
This book was one of the rare ones where from cover-to-cover the entire book was my favourite.


I love reading about teenagers falling in love for the very first time, especially if they are clean romances like this one. There is just something so pure and wholesome about them falling in love without the physical aspect playing a part in it.


Whatever Happens, was everything I had hoped for it to be. The story is beautiful and the epilogue only adds to it, tying up everything perfectly.


{Now only if I could somehow wrangle a copy of this book in India. My life would be simple}





Comments