Book Review | The Third Best Thing (Fulton U, #3) by Maya Hughes








     






I might have jumped into this book without doing some research or I would have known that this was part of a series. Lol! BUT! If there was or is anyone wondering if you can read the book as a standalone, I got you covered! The Third Best Thing can stand alone and let me tell you, it is one enjoyable ride!


Having this being only the second book I've read of Maya Hughes, I have a clean slate and I can just talk about all the parts that I loved and enjoyed.




Every day with her was an adventure in what it felt like to be so loved it was like living in a dream.




Jules... Um... YES!! I was not expecting a pole dancing, baking connoisseur and the sweetest queen! SQUEEE!! She is one of those characters that you would love to be friends with and not just because she is a kick-ass baker.
Jules is all kinds of genuine and true and loving. She has her hangups, her body issues being at the top of the list (thank you, mom and sister!) but rather than wallow in self-pity and hatred, you see here accepting her flaws and own them as a beautiful part of her. You see her try new things, push her boundaries and fall in love with every new adventure she goes on.

The one thing that I loved was how adding Jules' mom and sister in the mix just went on to show how opposites they are and rather than be a deterrent, the mom and sister added a certain charm to Jules character. You, honest to god, root for this girl from start to finish.


Berk... Ladies, please say hello to one of the best male characters in the New Adult Romance genre! He is loyal, fun, trustworthy and just all-around stand-up guy.
Berk was always there. If a friend, who was part of his inner circle of people he keeps close, needed help he would drop everything to be there for you. His parents raised him right!




She was an indescribable kind of perfect for me. The kind that made my heart ache that I’d only just found her and was ready to get down on my knees so I didn’t have to wait another day without knowing her beauty.



I loved how Ms Hughes focused on just Jules and Berk and their problem and even when outside forces were affecting their relationship, it was never Jules, Berk and whatever third character or scenario. It was always Jules and Berk. It was just these two.


Jules and Berk as a couple were perfection. Their relationship as friends was easy and the transition from best friends to lovers was seamless. There never was an awkward moment between the two of them. They are adorable, there are adorkable, they are downright charming!


Julia Kelland and Berkely Vaughn officially own my heart as individuals and as a couple.










Comments